How Deltech HG/HGE Series Refrigerated Air Dryers Work
Models HG10 through HG50
• Warm, saturated air enters the evaporator where it is cooled by refrigerant being controlled by a constant pressure expansion valve.
• Water vapor condenses into a liquid for removal at the moisture separator by an automatic drain.
• The cold, dry air is reheated as it passed through the reheater, to prevent pipleline sweating.
• The static condenser eliminated the need for a cooling fan and simplifies the system.
Models HGE75 through HGE500
• Warm, saturated air enters the air-to-air heat exchanger where is it precooled by the outgoing chilled air, and then passes through the evaporator where it is further cooled by the refrigeration system.
• Water vapor condenses into liguid droplets to be removed by the moisture separator and discharged from the dryer by an automatic drain.
• Chilled dry air returns through the air-to-air heat exchanger where it is reheated before exiting the dryer.